The Metal Umlaut

You’ve probably seen a lot of umlauts in your lifetime. They’re common in German, and look like this: รถ. Those two little dots over a little vowel. English of course also has an identical diacritic, the diaeresis. But I already told you that. What I want to look at today though is the umlaut, and one type of umlaut in particular: the metal umlaut. Continue reading