Thank you Lise for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award! You should head to her blog Lushtivity to read her great variety of posts on books, beauty, games, and lifestyle. With all those different topics, she’s a worth winner of this award! I’m not sure how versatile I am, except perhaps in the sense that I might sometimes write about different words, or different grammar points.
Regardless, here I am, so, per the rules of the award, I’ll endeavour to think of seven interesting facts about myself:
- I sometimes write little bits of fiction, which I’ve never published. I think it’s generally ok, but I still rarely finish anything, and I fear I might be too lazy to have the discipline to ever edit and draft my work properly. I like the idea of being a writer (my grandfather wrote a bit), but I don’t expect to ever make a living from it.
- I occasionally stammer. It’s very rare now, but I would go through periods of stammering as a child.
- I regret not continuing to play the piano when I was a young teenager. I really wish I could play a musical instrument now. Of course I can still learn, but I can’t say for sure I ever will.
- I’m going to go bald(ish) eventually. Heredity has long prepared me for this, and I’m doing ok at the moment, but it won’t last forever.
- I think I look terrible in photographs, and I have exactly one photo of myself that I like (taken by someone who’s now a professional photographer), and use as my profile picture for everything. Not that I’m conscious about what I look like, I just don’t get on well with cameras.
- I sometimes feel melancholy that I won’t get to see the futures imagined by the science-fiction of my youth, like Star Trek.
- I have one freckle right in the middle of the top of my left foot, and as a child my siblings convinced me that I’d have to have my foot amputated because of it.
As for my nominees, I nominate anyone who enjoys my blog, particularly if you comment now and then. I appreciate your engagement, and would like to hear more from you, so feel free to share!